Refugee Employment and Skills Initiative (RESI)
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS TO DIGITAL SKILLS TRAINING
VACANCIES AVAILABLE IN 2019
Application Deadline: 18th November 2019
The International Trade Centre (ITC), the joint agency of the World Trade Organization and the United Nations, and Shaqodoon have joined forces to launch the Refugee Employment and Skills Initiative (RESI) in Hargeisa, funded by the Government of Japan.
Through the RESI Project, Shaqodoon Hargeisa is pleased to invite applications from qualified youth to join the RESI Digital Skills training program. Youth with the following skills are highly encouraged to apply, however others with similar digital skills are also welcome to apply; Data entry, Web research, Transcription and Translation, Online marketing, Web development, Image tagging, SEO, Data cleaning, Graphic design, Motion designs and mobile app development. At the end of the skill trainings, participants will be trained on working as online freelancers through the RESI Freelance programme. Youth living in informal settlements and refugees are highly encouraged to apply.
- Must be aged between 16 to 35 years old.
- Education level – Minimum of Secondary completion certificate or College equivalent. Applicants with a degree are preferred.
- Must be ICT and Computer literate with recognized Computer Certification or advanced Computer/Digital literacy skills.
- Learning aptitude – High comprehension levels and logical thinking
- English proficiency – Excellent written and spoken English.
- Digital readiness – Demonstrates excellent web research skills and advanced computer applications
- Commitment to attend full duration of the training – 4 months, 5 days a week, 5 hours per days courses (100% attendance)
- Must have own laptop or is able to borrow one for the duration of the 4-month course.
Application shall include the following to be considered
- To apply, please click here to access the form online
Please note you may be asked for the following during the interview process:
- An application letter indicating motivation for applying, along with refugee or respective host community area.
- A copy of your updated CV and relevant academic certificates.
- Computer Literacy Skills certificate or any other ICT training
- A Copy of refugee card/ National ID/birth Certificate
- A copy of a coloured recent Passport photograph.
Successful candidates will enjoy the following opportunities
- Will be invited to join a 3-week Online Freelancing Training
- Get links to available online job opportunities through online freelancing
- Access to virtual support from Online Freelancing experts
- Receive mentorship from established Online Freelancers
- As an Online Freelancer, you can work from anywhere. All you need is a Computer or smartphone, Internet access and the skills to do the job.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further interview.